Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years

So, guess what time of the year it is? You got it, its that time when we bid farewell to another year. For some this will have been full of glory, others tragedy, and for some nothing really special at all.

For me this was a big year. I moved to Bangalore, a completely new city, a new job, and my first time living away from my parents. This is no joke and something I am proud to say I have managed quite well! I'm still learning lots - I still don't cook as often as I should, my clothes to be washed are done invariably only on Sundays, and I'm utterly hopeless at organizing my finances (particularly anything to do with tax!). Generally by the end of the month I suddenly realise I've spent most of my money!!

So, one of my most important New Years resolutions is definitely to start saving some money. I think the best way is some kind of scheme where as soon as I get my salary a certain amount gets automatically deducted ( Like a recurring deposit or something) and then I'm forced to manage with the amount left. There's just no other way I can do it, I'll just spend the money for sure! This way I want to save a decent amount and then blow it on something big (like a trip around south india). I keep thinking I want to take some basic you "Managing your finances for Dummies" kind of course, but neither have I found something of that nature nor honestly, really tried!

What else - definitely to be healthier - very important resolution. Too much eating out, and eating at the wrong times does not a healthy body equal! I'll have to put in some effort, buy fruit more regularly, cook decently, and avoid binging late at night! Possible, mmmm, probably!

These included, I'm looking forward to 2009. I think its going to finally be a time for stability, hopefully some peace, and an upward weight in our wallets!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all a very warm welcome to bangalore. I wish you all the very best for your stay here.
And they wish u a very happy new year.

Anonymous said...

Natali, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I too wish you for an eventful year ahead with lots of fun, learning and above all with lots of money in the pocket :)

Well, yes learning to save is not an easy art. That too with the kind of environment we live, it is certainly tough! First and foremost thing to look for is a Credit card. If you cant avoid it atleast minimize the usage. That would be a nice start. All the best!

Anonymous said...

oops... stopped again? it could be nostalgic in the beginning to keep the blog going...find some time to update this space more frequently.